Sunday, March 12, 2006

Polish-Hungarian dinner

On saturday night (11th March) Kristof, Wojtek (from Poland) and András (from Hungary) arranged a dinner. And it was a great dinner! But, go step by step...

I visited them with Rasmus (actually, we brought them some beers) and they had a lot of work. They were doing everything really good, but they needed help. Three people cooking for twenty people. I don’t remember so many potatoes in the same place, except in a market of course. But let me go through the menu.

Polish soup (please... tell me the Polish name and I’ll update it properly): with typical Polish sausages, boiled eggs, and other stuff. Delicious, and I’m not exaggerating. It is know that I don’t like soup, but I loved that soup! Oh! The final detail: fried bread, fantastic.

Cucumber salad: Andras (with the information of his mother) did a salad with cucumber and a sauce based on vinegar, sugar, salt, paprika and some extra spices. It was acid but good, and we had the chance of put some single cream on it. Good, good!

Fried potatoes: after some hours pealing and cutting them (Kristof, Andras, Rasmus me, and basically Wojtek) as slim as we could, the chef master of potatoes Kristof fried them with olive oil (a great idea) onions and some spices. Another really good plate, and it was and ideal complement of the next plate!

“Fried” turkey: with your permission I will use the Catalan definition for this plate: “indiot arrebossat”. Ok, let’s go. First of all we had a huge piece of turkey that I tried to cut following the indications of Andras and Kristof. After that we followed the sequence of ingredients that Andras knew. Andras cooked the turkey after: flavour, shaken eggs, and breadcrumbs. We did only a small mistake with four pieces, they were... “well burned”, but the rest was really good again! And combined with Kirstof’s potatoes... oh... wonderful!

Now let me take a look at the people who came to the “Great Polish-Hungarian Dinner”. Shilpa, Katia, Kiran, Emma, Maija, Massimo, Graziella, Peter, Sami, Rasmus, Kristof, Andras, Wojtek, Kristof’s co-kotteur Camille, and me. A lot of people, and a lot of really good food! Some beers, some wine, orange juice too... Wonderful!

After that we had a movie session with the Mexican “Amores Perros”. Gael García Bernal, Goya Toledo and some dogs having troubles, love troubles with dogs involved in the stories. It is a long film, and it had good reviews. If anybody wants to know my personal opinion, just ask me!

Andras, Kristof and Wojtek worked a lot in their dinner, and it was great. Congratulations guys !!!

1 comment:

EmilyInWonderland said...

Kristof's housemate's name was Camille. If I remember right ;)