Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Binche


The Carnival of Binche. Tuesday, 28th of February. 4:30pm


Nadya, Kristof, Emma, Maija, me, Kiran, Rasmus, Katia (Shilpa and Gemma were having a coffee).


I'm not really sure why it is called "Carnival", because only a few people are dressed up. Ok, there are the 'typical people' with the 'typical costume'. This fancy dress reminds mi... something like an hybrid betweed the Swiss Guard of the Vatican and Ronald McDonald (sorry for the comparison...). And they are throwing bloody oranges to everybody, and if you catch one of them you can't throw it again!



So, we started to collect them and I catched a few but... they hit me in my nose. I admit that it is the easiest part of my anathomy to hit... but it hurted! I won't post a photo about that, because Emma has already posted it.

After that we drank some water (maybe it wasn't exactly water) and we had a lot of fun! If somebody wants to know the "Balls story" ask Emma or Maija please. And we came back to Louvain-la-Neuve by train. When I said we, I wanted to mean: Shilpa, Kristof, Emma, Maija and me. The others had some troubles but they came back with Eric by car.

It was snowing in Louvain-la-Neuve when we arrived and they wanted to show me what is a 'snow wash', or something like that. My jacket... it was an accident but... my jacket! But I didn't worry about it, we enjoyed a lot!

If you go to Binche's Carnival, try to catch a lot of oranges, drink some 'special water', enjoy a lot and be careful with your jacket!

No comments: