Monday, November 13, 2006

Situation: patience

I’m happy but sad, and but bored but excited, and sleepy but not tired at all.

* Emma left 6 days ago (almost 7 because of the delay!) and that’s why I am happy (she was here) and sad (I'm waiting for her again).

* I’m waiting for answers from companies, especially one who interviewed me last week and that’s why I am bored (basically doing nothing) and excited (expecting answers).

* I almost woke up at 8 (actually at 9) this morning, even though I don’t have too, and I’ve been doing nothing during the whole day and that’s why I am sleepy but not tired at all.


The late late flight...

This is something that Emma suffered, not me, but I’m going to tell here part of the experience. We went to the Barcelona’s airport, to the baggage-thing at 22:30 and the flight was supposed to leave at 23:45 but... they told us that the flight was delayed at least two hours and that more information is going to be given at 23:30 next to the boarding gate. Shit. It wasn’t enough that it was a night flight.

The boarding gates are after the security control and you have to show the ticket to go through it, but I wanted to wait (at least a bit) with Emma. I asked to the security guard if I can just go through the security control and wait with her. And the security guard called the “Guardia Civil” who was there. At this point I want to demonstrate that they wear the ugliest hats ever (the guy at the airport was only wearing a regular cap):

He was kind and I could wait with Emma for couple of hours there... and then I left to Igualada again, to the lonely Igualada. Emma boarded about 3:00 (Spanish time) and she got home almost at 9:00 (Finnish time)! I really hope that the Blue One company efficiency is going to be better the next time that one of us is flying. And now, internet for a while.

We don’t deserve that, and I know: it’s just a question of patience!


The interview

I had an interview last Wednesday but it already was the second step of the selection process. It was quite a regular interview so I am going to explain just a bit the group dynamics that we had couple of weeks ago.

We were seven people, four girls and three guys. An electronic engineer (still at the 4th year) from Venezuela, an industrial engineer, and the rest of us were telecommunications engineers (one from La Salle, and the rest from UPC). After introducing a bit to the rest of the people they told us about the group dynamics exercise. We had to imagine that we were doing a trip in a balloon (you know, inflatable balloon). Then the balloon has some troubles and to avoid the accident we had to throw down one of us. Every one had a little card telling us our job, and we had to defend our position to survive if we land in an island. I was a hair-dresser. Tough one! The rest of the people were: bank director, housewife, model, taxi driver, mail woman and fashion designer. I am glad to say that we killed the fashion designer. Sorry...

And well, I won’t extend this explanation and just tell you that I am waiting for them to call me and invite me to an interview with a manager or... say to me this thing that lots of companies (especially from Suomi) have already told me: thank you for you kind interest towards our company but we don’t have any vacancies right now that fit your skills; best luck with your job seeking / career. Patience again.


And now here I am again, writing and writing, missing Emma, applying to jobs, and making noise (aka playing guitar). I have a couple of do-it-yourself projects in mind, related to my hobby-obsession and I’ll tell you if I go on with them.

And people, we’re here to enjoy life and if you can read this (and think about the whole planet) you’re already quite lucky. Think about the really good things surrounding you (they’re only really good, I have the best one, sorry) and smile... and of course: BE PATIENT!

No comments: