Friday, November 17, 2006

Group Dynamics

Hello again people! I suppose that you’re guessing that I don’t have a job yet, otherwise I would’ve posted it previously with big capital letters!

So yeah, I’m still involved in some selection process (only in Spain... DAMN IT!). Yesterday I went to another group dynamics and it was so much better than the first time. Everybody was talking a lot, without hesitating at all an I can say that we almost had fun there! I am going to tell you how did it go, and I would like to ask you to do a group dynamics here! You know, with your comments you can help us to find the solution (whether we can or not).

The story

Maria is married to a manager of an important company who travels a lot and doesn’t spend as much time as he (and she) wishes home. One night, Maria was feeling lonely and she decides to go and visit Luis, who was pretending her before. After having sex, Maria goes home to arrive there before her husband, but to come back home she has to go through a bridge. In the middle of the bridge there is a crazy guy who looks dangerous

She has to cross the river and there is a boat with a guy and his job is to bring people from one shore to the other one, but Maria has no money. So, he doesn’t cross her. Then she goes and ask help to Luis, but he does nothing to help her. Then she goes to Mario’s place, ex-boyfriend and now friend, but after hearing the story he doesn’t help her neither. She asks for help again to the “boat man” but he doesn’t help her.

She decides to go through the bridge and the crazy guy kills her.

The exercise

Try to decide who is more responsible about what had happened, MARIA, the HUSBAND, LUIS, the CRAZY, the BOAT-MAN or MARIO.

And yes, we (nine people) had to discuss it to try to have a technical job...

Regards and be happy! I have the best reason ever to be happy (more than I ever dreamt), but still: try to be happy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roger! Since nobody want to give it a try I would.
I will consider every individual:
Maria:
First of all she put her self in that situation where she had to cross the bridge, cause she whent to see the other guy. She is to blame for beeing unfaithful, and thereby being in the situation.
The Husband:
Since it makes 2 to tango he is also to blame for her going to another man. They didn't do what was nessaery for the relationship to work.
Luis:
He but himself in a situation where Maria needed him, they had sex and after he didn't take resposability for his actions. If he had stod up to his resposability he would have sent her safely home, but he didn't.
Crazy guy:
Can you blame a guy for being crazy? Yes and no. He killed her, yes, but he was not normal, so he proberly didn't know what is right or wrong. He will be put into a institution for his actions not jail (the western world's way of saying that its your fault).
Boat-man:
Morally he had a responsability but not any other. He brings people over to the other side for money and is maybe the least to blame for what happend.
Mario:
A friend you say? Hopefully not a friend I have. If he tries to moralize her but not helping her he's no friend. If they were only friends he would have understod her and helped her, and not moralize.

If I have to say one was to blame I would have to say that I was Maria her self. Her decisins, her actions, her resposability, none other. Either that or nobody is to blame.

I hope you will find a satisfactury discription of arguments. Basicly people have to take responsability for there actions what ever they may be and in which ever situation it puts them in...

Anonymous said...

I kind of agree with your explanation, but since your arguments are similar to some people who were with me in the dynamics I'll say what I sayed to them.

For me the order was: Crazy, Maria, Luis, Husband, Mario, Boat-man.

I won't give all the reasons now but... what about if Maria went to have a dinner with a girl friend of her and has the same problem? She wouldn't seem guilty at all (I think). And the murderer is the murderer, and... I would need a medical certificate to decide if he is responsible of his own acts or not!

Good luck with everything people!

Anonymous said...

I agree about what you said but i'm not judgeding Maria for beeing unfaithful, just for putting her into a situation where she could get into trouble. I also think that if the situation had been different her "friends" would have helped her. She made the decision to go over the bridge and therefore she suffered the consekvense of beeing killed by the crazy man. As for the crazy man the judgeding whether he was crazy or not was made for you so you don't need a diploma for that. If they wanted you to be the judge of he was crazy or not the case would look different.
I just mean that its the same if you cross the street and don't look carefully enough you could get hit. Only in the case where somebody really wants the make you hurt or make the decision of reakless behavior then you are not to blame.
You could also say that everybody is involved but its more about the degree.

P.s nice pictures of Finland! I just bourght a camera my self... Canon EOS350D... Getting it in a few days.