Saturday, April 15, 2006

Germany is under construction (II: Leipzig)

They are rude, really rude. You can ask Eric for it: he just wanted a map of the city and he asked: “gutten tag, I want a map please”, and the answer was: “a map of what!?”. But apparently is a problem of the Saxonia region.

And of course, Leipzig is under construction too: every square, every street, every monument. And talking about monuments, I think that Eric likes “Leipzig monuments”, and as we say in Spain “until here I can read” (sorry for the stupid translation of “hasta aquí puedo leer”).

After lunch we drove to Berlin, we arrived there... without a map. So, again stealing wireless to try to find where we were and where we had to go! At the end we found the hostel. We were in a eight people room, but we were only three people: Eric, me and a German guy who went to Spain (to Lloret de Mar, of course). We had our own shower and the room was ok, so we went to have dinner somewhere.

I had my first bad Berlin-experience. It’s a huge city and it’s a dark city in the night. I was driving through Berlin and Eric was guiding me with the map (he’s better than me with maps) but it was raining a bit, everything was dark and we where at Berlin east. We ended at a Mexican (and expensive restaurant), and I was complaining that Berlin it’s too big for me... I was a bit disappointed. I was hoping that the day after everything was going to improve.

No comments: